Hey Fit Pros, I recently attended the International Personal Training Summit in Seattle and wanted to share with you some of the highlights from the event in case you weren’t able to be there….
- The biggest difference been sedentary couch potatoes who were lean or those obese was not diet or sleeping habits but actually their NEAT, or non exercise activity thermogenesis. Obese sedentary people sit 2.5 hours more per day than those who are lean and don’t exercise. So if I can’t get you to go to the gym, for god’s sake just get up off your butt more, park further away, go to the furthest bathroom at your office and take the stairs more. It adds up! Your life depends on it.
- Resistance training increases your resting metabolic rate by 100 calories per day making it easier to lose weight. The true fountain of youth!
- During menopause your RMR drops by 100 cal per day making exercise critical to manage your weight.
- Vary both your resistance training and cardio training into easy, moderate and hard days. Lift heavy sometimes and other times lift lighter and work on endurance. Sometimes go hard and fast and other times long and easy.
Pete McCall on Exercise and Anti-Aging:
- ‘No more than 3 high intensity workouts per week or your immune system gets thrashed’.
- ‘The best thing about Zumba is getting people to move their hips to help prevent stiffness as we age. Hula hooping is good for that too’
- ‘No one ever says I’m going to the gym to get smarter today but that’s exactly what you’re doing. Working out keeps your brain sharp!’
- ‘CrossFit is great. Zumba is great. Running is great. Yoga is great. Cycling is great. Weight lifting is great. But doing the same thing 6-7 days a week is not great. Mix it up. Cross train for a balanced body.
- Great trainers don’t have clients do the same movement patterns over and over again but change the movement patterns so they are strong and mobile in all planes of movement’
- ‘Do heavy weight lifting to load and stimulate the contractile component of muscle and couple with faster, low load, more plyometric training to load and stimulate the elastic component.’ Best of both worlds.
- ‘Aerobic exercise 2x/week decreases risk for dementia by 50% and risk for Alzheimer’s by 60%’ Amazing! Move your body people!
These are some of my favorite tips from some of the most respected fitness professionals in our industry. I hope you can take something from these tips and pass them on to your clients. Bottom line though….is (like Pete says) keep reminding them to MOVE THEIR BODIES!!
Tune in next week for the rest of the my favorite tips from fitness industry leaders!
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training.
The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees.
A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
DON’T REINVENT THE WHEEL! Let us give YOU the systems that we know will work.
Want to win a FREE license to the Business of Personal Training System? Check out this fundraiser/contest that we are running right now. We have NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE! Win the Business of Personal Training System and 1 Year FREE to our PT Profits Mastermind Group. That is a $3000 value. Go HERE to learn more!
Also, sign up right here on my blog to receive my FREE 20 min streaming video where I reveal my top 5 revenue generating secrets. This video WILL help you bring in more clients and more revenue. Don’t miss it!