Feb, 28, 2013
I have mentioned the importance of sending out regular press releases in the past, but something really great happened for our studio this week that made me want to remind you that you can have press release success just like us!
I have a list of local contacts (that I built by going to newspaper, radio, TV websites and grabbed contact info from) and I send email press releases to that list every 2 weeks. They are used to hearing from me now!
Because of my persistence, a local morning news caster
Feb, 20, 2013
We recently ran a contest for a chance to win our Business of Personal Training System for free and we asked contestants to give us their best Client Getting Initiatives and we thought you would like to hear some of their ideas!
“Our VERY BEST client getting initiative is creating the Ultimate Member Experience built by our Core Values that brings referrals by all-star customers.
- Bring Your Best: We’re always “on stage.” Be prepared with a “preemptive strike” i.e. programs designed, studio cleanliness, equipment arranged for classes, vendors managed, retail displays ready, looking professional, and practice what we preach on fitness to perform our very best!
- Have Good Days & Great Days: Our responsibility is to be a motivational and educational coach, so we cannot allow personal matters to affect our work. It’s crucial to have a positive attitude, and that can help a customer who was having a bad day improve their mood and feel better than when they arrived at the gym. Have fun, and create the right vibe!
- Exceed Expectations: Create some “wow”
Feb, 13, 2013
You have a specific way that you and/or your staff turns tours into sales right? I sure hope so because if a person has taken the time to walk into your business, they are interested in your services! Now you have to have prove to them that you can help them. If they walk out without booking a complimentary session or workout or purchasing any of your services, then you haven’t done a good job convincing them that you can help them achieve their goals and that doesn’t help the client and it doesn’t help your sales!
All of the staff here at Northwest Personal Training has practiced and perfected this simple way to give tours that almost always turn into sales!
Here’s an example of how our staff greets someone new walking through our doors:
Feb, 7, 2013
If you have been following my blog then you know that we love to show you tons of ways to increase personal training profits and now we are giving away ALL of our secrets for FREE! That’s right…we are giving away 1 free copy of our Business of Personal Training System! Keep reading to find out why this is important for you.
Now I am sure you are wondering why would my personal training business needs something like the Business of Personal Training? Here’s why I think having solid Marketing, HR, Sales, Operations and Client Programming systems in place is so essential.
Systems give you your time back!
- I talk to fitness professionals every day who tell me that they don’t have time to work ON their business because they are too busy working IN their business and they don’t have time to spend with their family or do the things they love. It doesn’t have to be that way!
- The only way to get out of the cycle of continually having too much on your plate is to ensure that your business processes are set and ready to go.
Jan, 30, 2013
Over the last month I have blogged about the importance of building relationships with potential new clients in order to get their commitment, the importance of focusing on booking complimentary sessions and how to get those complimentary sessions booked over the phone. You have the info you need…right? You are close! Now you just need to know how to conduct that complimentary first session so that you can get a 80% or higher closing ratio like we do here at Northwest Personal Training.
Let’s imagine you’re on the market for a hot, new vehicle – a convertible sports car. Would you make the investment without a test-drive? No way. You’ve got to get a feel for it. How does it ride? Does it handle the corners well? How fast does it go from 0 to 60? Does it satisfy all your needs? Do you look good in it? These are all important questions that need to be answered before you start dishing out the cash!
Why would personal training or a fitness membership be any different? Most people in the market for personal training are confused about what personal training is all about. Many people may think that in order to work with you they have to see a trainer 3x/week. They may not understand your group training or fitness club membership options. Most people just aren’t aware of all the personal training options and may honestly believe that personal training is only for the rich and famous. Offering a complimentary Personal Training session to all new or potential clients, allows you the opportunity to service new clients and also gives you the opportunity to educate a potential client and a trainer to “strut their stuff”. If you thoroughly impress potential clients, these sessions can open up long-term relationships.
Here are some tips for conducting your complimentary sessions:
Jan, 23, 2013
So we have talked about why building a relationship with a potential new client is the best way to get a client to sign up for your services and great ways to market for more comp sessions, but we need to take a step back! The first step to having a successful comp session is having a successful first conversation with the potential new client and many times this happens over the phone.
It’s imperative to understand how we can use the phone to our advantage to help us sell our services. Here are some guidelines that we ask our trainers to follow:
- Move the phone and physically put it in a place where it is the center of attention. It is difficult to perform well on the phone when distractions and disruptions are occurring around you.
- Pay attention to your posture on the phone. It is difficult to sound energetic if you’re reclined back in an easy-chair or slouched on the couch. Try putting a long cord on the phone or use a cordless headset so you can move around while talking. Remember your body language can be heard!
- Consciously attempt to add more tone, animation, and energy to your voice.
- Make important
Jan, 16, 2013
I have challenged each of our team members to book at least 1 comp session in the next week. That may not seem like a lot, but think of it this way….that is 10 scheduled comps for one week. We normally have at least 80% of those comp sessions result in a $1000 package – that’s $8,000 in one week. And in addition, most of those clients will continue training with us for recurring revenues.
Plus each of those new clients will tell their friends about you and your outreach into the community will be awesome!
So how do you get comps booked? Here are some suggestions that I sent to our team:
Jan, 10, 2013
Hopefully you have done some exciting and creative marketing this month and lots of new prospective clients are walking through your doors.
Are you and your staff ready for them?
During this busy time of year it is so important that you feel comfortable and confident with your sales process. The clients that you sign up this month can play a huge factor in your overall yearly sales.
So the question is…how do you close the sale?
Well, lets focus on the first step: developing a relationship . Closing the Sale is not at all about “Closing the Sale”. If you enter communications with a potential client with this as your primary goal, you will not “close the sale” or will shortly lose the client. Selling any product or service is all about opening or developing a relationship!
Jan, 4, 2013
Happy New Year Fit Pros and welcome to our busiest time of year. If you have planned and executed your advertising correctly…you should be seeing TONS of potential new clients walk through your doors. When you sit down to discuss how these potential new clients will work with you it is likely that you will hear this objection: “I would love to hire a personal trainer, but I can’t afford one.” While it’s true that some of our clients have the resources and disposable income to afford the luxury of seeing a personal trainer a number of times per week, most people aren’t in that same position. Here are a few options we offer so that people CAN afford a personal trainer.
- Team Training for only $25 per hour - You are sharing the cost of a trainer with a few other people. Many of our clients can afford to do this once
or more times per week.
- Partner training – You share the cost of training with a friend, spouse, or co-worker making training more affordable for both of you.
- Group Training classes – You can train as much as 6x/week with a trainer for as little as $5/hour. Classes include such incredible workouts as indoor cycling, indoor rowing, bootcamps, yoga, pilates, core conditioning, kick boxing and more.
- 30 minute workouts – If an hour session is out of your budget, just do 30 minutes. Trust us, we can give you an extremely effective workout in 30 minutes!
- Oversee program - You can see us as little as once every 4-8 weeks just to make updates to a program that you follow on your own. We have many clients that are members at other gyms and just come and see us for their training and to ensure they are progressing appropriately.
- Specialty programs – We often host various programs that are designed to be cost effective ways for people to workout with us.
Put a list together of your