Jan, 16, 2013
I have challenged each of our team members to book at least 1 comp session in the next week. That may not seem like a lot, but think of it this way….that is 10 scheduled comps for one week. We normally have at least 80% of those comp sessions result in a $1000 package – that’s $8,000 in one week. And in addition, most of those clients will continue training with us for recurring revenues.
Plus each of those new clients will tell their friends about you and your outreach into the community will be awesome!
So how do you get comps booked? Here are some suggestions that I sent to our team:
Jan, 10, 2013
Hopefully you have done some exciting and creative marketing this month and lots of new prospective clients are walking through your doors.
Are you and your staff ready for them?
During this busy time of year it is so important that you feel comfortable and confident with your sales process. The clients that you sign up this month can play a huge factor in your overall yearly sales.
So the question is…how do you close the sale?
Well, lets focus on the first step: developing a relationship . Closing the Sale is not at all about “Closing the Sale”. If you enter communications with a potential client with this as your primary goal, you will not “close the sale” or will shortly lose the client. Selling any product or service is all about opening or developing a relationship!
Jan, 4, 2013
Happy New Year Fit Pros and welcome to our busiest time of year. If you have planned and executed your advertising correctly…you should be seeing TONS of potential new clients walk through your doors. When you sit down to discuss how these potential new clients will work with you it is likely that you will hear this objection: “I would love to hire a personal trainer, but I can’t afford one.” While it’s true that some of our clients have the resources and disposable income to afford the luxury of seeing a personal trainer a number of times per week, most people aren’t in that same position. Here are a few options we offer so that people CAN afford a personal trainer.
- Team Training for only $25 per hour - You are sharing the cost of a trainer with a few other people. Many of our clients can afford to do this once
or more times per week.
- Partner training – You share the cost of training with a friend, spouse, or co-worker making training more affordable for both of you.
- Group Training classes – You can train as much as 6x/week with a trainer for as little as $5/hour. Classes include such incredible workouts as indoor cycling, indoor rowing, bootcamps, yoga, pilates, core conditioning, kick boxing and more.
- 30 minute workouts – If an hour session is out of your budget, just do 30 minutes. Trust us, we can give you an extremely effective workout in 30 minutes!
- Oversee program - You can see us as little as once every 4-8 weeks just to make updates to a program that you follow on your own. We have many clients that are members at other gyms and just come and see us for their training and to ensure they are progressing appropriately.
- Specialty programs – We often host various programs that are designed to be cost effective ways for people to workout with us.
Put a list together of your
Dec, 29, 2012
Have you tried Team Training? Of course we offer private training and partner training and that is our bread and butter, but I am a big believer in diversifying revenue streams. One way to do this is to offer team training. We do and it really works! I asked each of our trainers to come up with a couple Team Training Options that they can each host based on their passions and interests. We will be launching these team trainings in January.
Here is how it works and why Team Training is a win for you and win for your clients.
How it works:
- Trainers choose an hour time slot where they don’t have clients and when it isn’t a busy time at the studio.
- That trainer then markets that time slot and tries to bring in at least 2 clients and a maximum of 4 clients to train during that time slot.
Dec, 19, 2012
We are quickly approaching Christmas and New Year’s and like many business owners you would like to (and you would like your staff to be able to) spend those days with family and friends, but you don’t want to let your clients down if they are counting on you for a great holiday workout.
Here is what we do. It is good for us and it is good for our clients.
we post our special holiday hours well in advance so that nobody is taken by surprise by the change in hours.
(If you haven’t done this already…now is better than never. Get a quick schedule made up and post it TODAY!)
we explain our intentions on the schedule by saying this
Dec, 11, 2012
Do you send out holiday cards to your clients around this time every year? It is a great idea, but it can cost quite a bit. I am going to tell you what we do get the biggest bang for our buck when it comes to sending holiday cards to our clients.
- We create our own card using a cool service called SendOutCards.
- We include a short holiday message and signature from each of our staff members
- We include a team photo
- We include two different coupons that clients love
Dec, 5, 2012
This is a marketing tip that is free, fun, simple and it is something we do every year.
Here is how it works…
- We make it a priority to take LOTS of pictures at all of the events we participate in and host throughout the year (Everything from rock climbing to racing events to hiking to charity events to specialty programs and more). Tip: make sure to get random pictures of trainers and clients together during normal training sessions too. These are often times the best pictures!
- All of the pictures are saved in organized folders on a shared computer.
- Starting at the end of October we start pulling together a slideshow/video with these images. We try to use mostly pictures of our clients. We add some music and inspirational quotes.
- We run the slideshow at our holiday party so that our clients can relive all the fun they had with us over the past year (what a great client retention tool!)
- Finally, we post the video on YouTube and on the front page of our website and leave it there until we create the video for next year.
Nov, 29, 2012
Right now I am hard at work creating our 2013 Marketing Plan for our business. This is the monthly plan that our entire team will follow next year.
The marketing plan includes:
- Promotion dates and details
- Our internal and external marketing initiatives
- The events that we will host
- Monthly staff accountability check-ups
- Topics for monthly specialty programs
- Team meeting dates
- Team birthdays and anniversaries
- ….and so much more.
It always feels good when the marketing plan is complete because
Nov, 21, 2012
I wanted to take a moment to send out a thanks to all of the fitness professionals who read my blog.
Thanks to you for doing the work you do everyday.
Thanks to you for helping one person at a time.
Thanks to you for caring enough about your clients to better yourself with knowledge that will help their health and fitness goals.
Thanks to you for caring enough about your business to better your practices so you can be successful.
Thanks to you for taking our industry to the next level with the efforts you make everyday.
Thanks to you!
Here is a message that I just sent out to our clients that you might want to share with yours:
“ You don’t have to lock yourself in your room tomorrow during Thanksgiving dinner.
Nov, 14, 2012
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year where we reflect on the things we are thankful for. It can also be one of the most frustrating times of year for all of us in the fitness industry. We want our clients to reach their fitness & weight loss goals, but how can they do that when they will most likely consume around 5,000 calories on Thanksgiving Day? Yep, that is right! It’s estimated that the average American can consume 5,000-plus calories on Thanksgiving Day!
This year you can help your clients maintain their fitness goals by giving them these helpful tips for a healthy Thanksgiving (share this list with your clients!):