Happy New Year Fit Pros and welcome to our busiest time of year. If you have planned and executed your advertising correctly…you should be seeing TONS of potential new clients walk through your doors. When you sit down to discuss how these potential new clients will work with you it is likely that you will hear this objection: “I would love to hire a personal trainer, but I can’t afford one.” While it’s true that some of our clients have the resources and disposable income to afford the luxury of seeing a personal trainer a number of times per week, most people aren’t in that same position. Here are a few options we offer so that people CAN afford a personal trainer.
- Team Training for only $25 per hour - You are sharing the cost of a trainer with a few other people. Many of our clients can afford to do this once
or more times per week.
- Partner training – You share the cost of training with a friend, spouse, or co-worker making training more affordable for both of you.
- Group Training classes – You can train as much as 6x/week with a trainer for as little as $5/hour. Classes include such incredible workouts as indoor cycling, indoor rowing, bootcamps, yoga, pilates, core conditioning, kick boxing and more.
- 30 minute workouts – If an hour session is out of your budget, just do 30 minutes. Trust us, we can give you an extremely effective workout in 30 minutes!
- Oversee program - You can see us as little as once every 4-8 weeks just to make updates to a program that you follow on your own. We have many clients that are members at other gyms and just come and see us for their training and to ensure they are progressing appropriately.
- Specialty programs – We often host various programs that are designed to be cost effective ways for people to workout with us.
Put a list together of your Read more on Personal Training is Affordable!…
Have you tried Team Training? Of course we offer private training and partner training and that is our bread and butter, but I am a big believer in diversifying revenue streams. One way to do this is to offer team training. We do and it really works! I asked each of our trainers to come up with a couple Team Training Options that they can each host based on their passions and interests. We will be launching these team trainings in January.
Here is how it works and why Team Training is a win for you and win for your clients.
How it works:
- Trainers choose an hour time slot where they don’t have clients and when it isn’t a busy time at the studio.
- That trainer then markets that time slot and tries to bring in at least 2 clients and a maximum of 4 clients to train during that time slot.
Read more on Generate Extra Revenue With Team Training…
We are quickly approaching Christmas and New Year’s and like many business owners you would like to (and you would like your staff to be able to) spend those days with family and friends, but you don’t want to let your clients down if they are counting on you for a great holiday workout.
Here is what we do. It is good for us and it is good for our clients.
we post our special holiday hours well in advance so that nobody is taken by surprise by the change in hours.
(If you haven’t done this already…now is better than never. Get a quick schedule made up and post it TODAY!)
we explain our intentions on the schedule by saying this Read more on Holiday Hours: Good For You – Good For Them…
Do you send out holiday cards to your clients around this time every year? It is a great idea, but it can cost quite a bit. I am going to tell you what we do get the biggest bang for our buck when it comes to sending holiday cards to our clients.
Read more on Holiday Cards For Clients…
This is a marketing tip that is free, fun, simple and it is something we do every year.
Here is how it works…
- We make it a priority to take LOTS of pictures at all of the events we participate in and host throughout the year (Everything from rock climbing to racing events to hiking to charity events to specialty programs and more). Tip: make sure to get random pictures of trainers and clients together during normal training sessions too. These are often times the best pictures!
Read more on Marketing Tip: Free, Fun & Simple…
Right now I am hard at work creating our 2013 Marketing Plan for our business. This is the monthly plan that our entire team will follow next year.
The marketing plan includes:
- Promotion dates and details
- Our internal and external marketing initiatives
- The events that we will host
- Monthly staff accountability check-ups
- Topics for monthly specialty programs
- Team meeting dates
- Team birthdays and anniversaries
- ….and so much more.
It always feels good when the marketing plan is complete because Read more on Time To Develop Your Marketing Plan For 2013…
I wanted to take a moment to send out a thanks to all of the fitness professionals who read my blog.
Thanks to you for doing the work you do everyday.
Thanks to you for helping one person at a time.
Thanks to you for caring enough about your clients to better yourself with knowledge that will help their health and fitness goals.
Thanks to you for caring enough about your business to better your practices so you can be successful.
Thanks to you for taking our industry to the next level with the efforts you make everyday.
Thanks to you!
Here is a message that I just sent out to our clients that you might want to share with yours:
“ You don’t have to lock yourself in your room tomorrow during Thanksgiving dinner. Read more on Thanks To You…
One of the most common sales questions we receive from fitness professionals is “how (with all of the different trainers and their different styles) do all of your trainers use the same sales system to sign up 80% or more of the prospective clients they have first sessions with?“
The answer is pretty simple! You MUST have a systematic approach that you know works. I created a system that we use every time we bring a prospective new client through a first session with us. It is tried and true. Even though all of our trainers have different personalities and styles, 80% or more of our prospective clients sign up with is! Having a system like this in place also helps trainers feel confident in a situation that many of them don’t like…SALES!
Read more on First Session Success – Top Tips…
I have been working long days and nights putting together, not only one of my best workouts, but possibly THE best workout out there.
This workout is LEGIT!
Got your interest yet?
It is perfect timing too because we just finished up Halloween and we are moving on the Thanksgiving (at least here in the states ) and so many of us have pumpkins on the brain. I know what you are thinking. What do pumpkins have to do with THE best workout ever? ANSWER:EVERYTHING!
Read more on The Pumpkin Workout – This is Legit!…
Do you know what our biggest problem is? It is probably your biggest problem too.
Here it is…ready?
THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE TO EXERCISE!
That is right. The biggest problem working in the fitness industry is that we are offering a product that most people hate. So each and every one of us has to do whatever we can to make the experience as enjoyable as we possibly can.
We have to be in the business of getting our members and clients to really like each and every single one us, enjoy being around us, enjoy our environment and how they feel every time they come and see us.
The statistics show that Read more on Our Biggest Problem…