Should You Be Writing a Blog?
I have been writing blogs for our clients and for Fitness Professionals for quite some time now and I find it to be well worth the work. Many Fitness Professionals ask us if they should start writing a blog and the quick answer is YES, but….you have to be committed to it and you have to know what your goals are when writing the blog!
Read more on Should You Be Writing a Blog?…
As fitness professionals we know that word of mouth referrals are going to be the source of most of our new clients. I am sure many of you have even read about different ways to verbally ask for referrals, but verbally asking for a referral is only 1 way to get referrals. There are lots of ways to ask for referrals and you should be doing them all! It is a numbers game. The more ways you ask for referrals the more likely you are to see those primed potential new clients walking through your doors!
Read more on You Need More Than Just Word of Mouth Referrals!…
I talk to lots of fitness professionals that know they need to gather email leads on their websites, facebook pages and blogs, but just don’t know where to start. There is A LOT of information out there on this topic and it can be overwhelming….but gathering qualified email addresses online should be an interracial part of your marketing plan. The good news? It isn’t as hard as you might think!
Read more on How to Gather Email Leads Online…
There are ways to get free advertising, but you will have to work for it.
Are you willing to do that?
The truth is that most fitness businesses don’t have money to take out ads in magazines or newspapers or create a commercial for the radio or television. But, there are ways to get free advertising if you are willing to work for it!
Read more on Free Advertising – Will You Work For It?…
Our Spring Makeover Challenge is our most successful program of the year!
Are you going to try a weight loss challenge this Spring?
We are getting ready to launch our Spring Makeover Challenge and it generates $15,000 to $20,000 in extra revenue for us each year. If you are thinking about doing some type of weight loss challenge this Spring…now is the time to get everything in order and I am going to help!
Read more on Most Successful Program Of The Year…
I have mentioned the importance of sending out regular press releases in the past, but something really great happened for our studio this week that made me want to remind you that you can have press release success just like us!
I have a list of local contacts (that I built by going to newspaper, radio, TV websites and grabbed contact info from) and I send email press releases to that list every 2 weeks. They are used to hearing from me now!
Because of my persistence, a local morning news caster Read more on Press Release Success…
We recently ran a contest for a chance to win our Business of Personal Training System for free and we asked contestants to give us their best Client Getting Initiatives and we thought you would like to hear some of their ideas!
Read more on Client Getting Initiatives…
Happy New Year Fit Pros and welcome to our busiest time of year. If you have planned and executed your advertising correctly…you should be seeing TONS of potential new clients walk through your doors. When you sit down to discuss how these potential new clients will work with you it is likely that you will hear this objection: “I would love to hire a personal trainer, but I can’t afford one.” While it’s true that some of our clients have the resources and disposable income to afford the luxury of seeing a personal trainer a number of times per week, most people aren’t in that same position. Here are a few options we offer so that people CAN afford a personal trainer.
- Team Training for only $25 per hour - You are sharing the cost of a trainer with a few other people. Many of our clients can afford to do this once
or more times per week.
- Partner training – You share the cost of training with a friend, spouse, or co-worker making training more affordable for both of you.
- Group Training classes – You can train as much as 6x/week with a trainer for as little as $5/hour. Classes include such incredible workouts as indoor cycling, indoor rowing, bootcamps, yoga, pilates, core conditioning, kick boxing and more.
- 30 minute workouts – If an hour session is out of your budget, just do 30 minutes. Trust us, we can give you an extremely effective workout in 30 minutes!
- Oversee program - You can see us as little as once every 4-8 weeks just to make updates to a program that you follow on your own. We have many clients that are members at other gyms and just come and see us for their training and to ensure they are progressing appropriately.
- Specialty programs – We often host various programs that are designed to be cost effective ways for people to workout with us.
Put a list together of your Read more on Personal Training is Affordable!…
This is a marketing tip that is free, fun, simple and it is something we do every year.
Here is how it works…
- We make it a priority to take LOTS of pictures at all of the events we participate in and host throughout the year (Everything from rock climbing to racing events to hiking to charity events to specialty programs and more). Tip: make sure to get random pictures of trainers and clients together during normal training sessions too. These are often times the best pictures!
Read more on Marketing Tip: Free, Fun & Simple…
Right now I am hard at work creating our 2013 Marketing Plan for our business. This is the monthly plan that our entire team will follow next year.
The marketing plan includes:
- Promotion dates and details
- Our internal and external marketing initiatives
- The events that we will host
- Monthly staff accountability check-ups
- Topics for monthly specialty programs
- Team meeting dates
- Team birthdays and anniversaries
- ….and so much more.
It always feels good when the marketing plan is complete because Read more on Time To Develop Your Marketing Plan For 2013…