Aug, 23, 2013
Commitment – Results – Retention
It is clear that the road to retaining clients is all about results! When clients are seeing results they are more likely to stick around. In order to see results a big commitment needs to be made (from both you and your client)….so nationally ..the first step is for both of you to make a commitment and I mean a real commitment. Check out how we do this:
Here at Northwest Personal Training each new client signs and Fitness & Training Commitment. This signed agreement serves as a reminder of the commitment that they have made to themselves and to provide a list of the health behaviors that we will help them to adopt over the next few weeks and for the rest of their lives. Do you have a fitness & training commitment that your client sign? If not, try using something like this:
An Optimal Health and Fitness Program Includes:
- Exercising aerobically 3-6 days each week for 20-60 minutes each session at various levels of intensity. Using a Heart rate monitor will keep you honest. Activities like walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, rowing, hiking, stair-climbing, or Group classes will do the trick.
- Conditioning your muscles with resistance training workouts for a minimum of two times per week. One set of 8-12 reps of a variety of exercises for 20-60 minutes is perfect! Or just workout with your trainer and they’ll make sure you meet this requirement. Our Group Muscle Conditioning programs will help you achieve this goal also.
- Eating a balanced diet that is high in fiber content.
- Eating 5 vegetable servings and 3 fruit servings each day.
- Drinking 10—8 ounce glasses of water each day. Drink water before and with each meal and snack. Purchasing a Jumbo size water bottle will help you adhere to this tip.
- Planning your meals so that you eat 3 small meals and 2 small snacks each day. Try to eat every 3 hours.
- Avoiding eating anything high in fat or calories 3 hours before bedtime.
- Controlling portion sizes. If you need more assistance regarding exact caloric requirements, visit our website at www.nwpersonaltraining.com. Click on the “Client Fitness Info”. Then click on “Cool Tools”. There is a calculator that you can use to more accurately estimate your calorie and protein needs. You will also find various articles that will help you on your journey.
- Eliminating any unhealthy temptations from your environment (work, home, car) and replacing with healthy alternatives.
- Grocery shopping at least once per week to stock up on healthy choices and fresh fruits and veggies.
- Maintaining a more active daily lifestyle. Move your body as much as you can in addition to your exercise program. The International Journal of Obesity released a statistic that reported we expend an average of 500-800 fewer calories than we did a few decades ago because of our more sedentary lifestyle. At Northwest Personal Training, we believe that all you have to do is start moving more in your life and then you won’t have to spend hours in the gym every week!
- Getting enough sleep (7-8 hours per night). Sleep is when your body recovers and repairs. If you do not sleep enough, you will not be prepared for each workout session and you will not function optimally.
- Controlling and managing your stress levels. Identify your stresses. Outline methods that help you to reduce your stress and practice them regularly.
- Completing Activity and Nutrition logs every day and submitting to your trainer every week (if you have one).
- Weekly weigh-ins and monthly measurements help to manage your progress if fat loss is your goal.
Have your client SIGN HERE:
You (the trainer) SIGN HERE:
Give your clients the information and commitment they need to see the results they deserve!
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Want to learn more about how we use proven systems to generate $1 Million in Personal Training yearly sales at our small 5,000 sq ft facility? We have a new online Business of Personal Training Course through PTontheNet. Learn how to run/manage your personal training business and earn CECs. For less than $200 you could have what you need to take your business to the next level!
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training.
The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees.
A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
DON’T REINVENT THE WHEEL! Let us give YOU the systems that we know will work.
Also, sign up right here on my blog to receive my FREE 20 min streaming video where I reveal my top 5 revenue generating secrets. This video WILL help you bring in more clients and more revenue. Don’t miss it!
Click Here to like us on Facebook and get FREE Instant Access to my “Making Money with Small Group Training” Webinar
Posted in client retention by |